“Opportunity for “CICS System programmer” for Bangalore location”
Roles: System admin
Qualifications: Any graduate
Company: A Fortune 500 Company
Experience: 4 - 12 yrs
We have an excellent opportunity for ” CICS- System Programmer”" with one of our Fortune 500 client for Bangalore location.
Job description for CICS
The CICS System Programmer will be responsible for the day-to-day support, maintenance, analyzing, testing, documenting and installing CICS systems software.
This resource will closely work with various Infrastructure and Operations organizations such as z/OS Systems Engineering, Online/Database Subsystem teams, Production Assurance and Enterprise Command Center to ensure high availability and deliver quality support services. This job requires a balance of strong technical skills and business processes, a sense of urgency in resolving issues, work schedule flexibility, adaptability to changing business conditions and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
Should have hands-on experience in Installation and maintenance of CICS, CICS related Products and strong analytical skills. This job will encompass our client and ISV product installs and upgrades related to CICS, such as CICS Transaction Servers, Expediter/CICS, Abend-Aid/CICS, Inter test/CICS, Omegamon/CICS, CEMT/Batch, CICS Message, etc. along with providing end user technical support. Must be a good team player who can provide hand-on support to all technical activities related to CICS system programming. He should be proactive, a good team player with excellent communication skills.
## General Responsibilities:
- Installation, Customization and Maintenance of client & ISV tools & products related to CICS.
- Provide day-to-day monitoring & Provide 24×7 on-call support.
- Perform problem diagnostics and resolution.
- Maintain reliability, availability, and serviceability of CICS systems software.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL processes and procedures
- Perform peer review of change events, assessing impacts and risks.
- Prepare for and Participate in disaster recovery exercises.
# Education and Experience
- 15 years of Minimum education
- Total 3 to 4 years of CICS system programming Experience
# Required Technical Skills
- JCL, REXX/CLIST, ISPF Panel designing
- CICS and related Products, JES2, SDSF, TSO/ISPF, Omegamon Suite of Products for CICS
- Unix System Services (basic understanding), PARMLIB /PROCLIB
Please send me your updated profile if these skills matches your profile.